NORTH ANDOVER TOWN HALL
The North Andover Town Hall had witnessed no significant improvements or alterations since 1927. The town offices had long outgrown their spaces and the condition of the building was deplorable. With this project, the Town saw the opportunity to connect to the adjacent Senior Center and Fire Station buildings, making them also fully accessible and creating a municipal complex. In addition to full renovations, a three-story addition was designed to create a central courtyard, connect all three buildings, and provide a much-needed large public meeting room. The congested Main Street location required a creative design solution and presented a staging challenge during construction. The project was funded from three sources: a federal Community Development Block Grant, Community Preservation Act funds, and local tax dollars through a debt exclusion.